|Kenwood TH-22AT 2m HT|
Kenwood put a lot of great features into this radio for its vintage. Having been a TH-F6A owner for several years, the TH-22AT seems surprisingly rather familiar. The TH-F6A includes 40 memories which is a must on a VHF HT. The programming is bit clunky though manageable. It only took a minute to figure out the 10 steps to enter a repeater into memory. Here are the actual steps we took to program a repeater (145.25 Mhz) with a tone frequency of 131.8 into memory number 33.
1) Press VFO
2) Enter the frequency by turning the dial until the screen displayed 145.25
3) Press T/CT
4) Press and hold F for more than 1 second
5) Press T/CT
6) Select the tone frequency by turning the dial until the screen displays 131.8
7) Press T/CT
8) Press and hold F for more than 1 second
9) Select the memory number (1 to 40) using the dial until the screen displays 33
10) Press MR
Looking forward to using this radio as a spare or as a APRS tracker.
Written by: NJ2X, Michael Maher