Q-signals are standardized codes used in CW (morse code) communication to speed up contacts. Do not use these codes for voice communication. When using phone communications simply say what you intend.
- QRG - Will you tell me my exact frequency? Your exact frequency is...
- QRL - Are you busy? I am busy. Please do not interfere.
- QRM - Is my transmission being interfered with? Your transmission is being interfered.
- QRN - Are you troubled by static? I am troubled by static.
- QRO - Shall I increase power? Increase power.
- QRP - Shall I decrease power? Decrease power.
- QRQ - Shall I send faster? Send faster.
- QRS - Shall I send more slowly? Send more slowly.
- QRT - Shall I stop sending? Stop sending.
- QRU - Have you anything for me? I have nothing for you.
- QRV - Are you ready? I am ready.
- QRX - When will you call me again? I will call you again at... (hours).
- QRZ - Who is calling me? You are being called by...
- QSB - Are my signals fading? Your signals are fading.
- QSK - Can you hear me between your signals and if so can I break in on your transmission? I can hear you between signals; break in on my transmission.
- QSL - Can you acknowledge receipt (of message or transmission)? I am acknowledging receipt.
- QSN - Did you hear me on (frequency)? I did hear you on (frequency).
- QSO - Can you communicate with (call sign) direct or by relay? I can communicate with (call sign) direct or relay through (call sign).
- QSP - Will you relay to (call sign)? I will relay to (call sign).
- QST - General call preceding a message addressed to all amateurs and ARRL members. This is in effect "CQ ARRL".
- QSX - Will you listen to (call sign) on (frequency)? I am listening to (call sign) on (frequency).
- QSY - Shall I change to transmission on another frequency? Change to transmission on another frequency.
- QTB - Do you agree with my counting of words? I do not agree with your counting of words. I will repeat the first letter or digit of each word or group.
- QTC - How many messages have you to send? I have # messages for you.
- QTH - What is your location? My location is ...
- QTR - What is the correct time? The time is ...