Clubs / Hams
- Skyview Radio Society - Located in Western PA. One of the best amateur radio clubs anywhere.
- Monterey Bay Amateur Radio Association
- http://qrz.com/db/KK0I - Great CW op. Will help those just starting out with CW. You can often find Jack on the 40m "Novice" portion of the band.
Educational Resources - Emergency Communications
Educational Resources - Technical
- CodeAcademy - Programming courses
- Coursera - Programming courses - some free introductory courses available
- edX - Open source on-line learning (free)
- Udemy - On-line learning platform with plenty of free introductory courses
- AGupieWare - Introductory programming education program
- GitHub - On-line access to 500 free programming books covering 80 programming languages
- MIT Open Courseware - Free electrical engineering and computer science courses
- Code Avengers - Interactive programming courses (each takes 12 hours to complete)
- Khan Academy - Free on-line courses
Electronic Kits, Parts, and Test Equipment
- Adafruit Industries - Source of interesting electronic kits
- Amazon Supply - A good source for unusual hardware
- Antique Electronic Supply
- Bolt Depot - Excellent printable "fastener tool" charts for identifying unknown fasteners.
- Borden Radio Company
- Breadboard Radio - Several neat looking radio kits
- Byonics - Excellent TinyTrak TNC kits and more
- Carl’s Electronics
- Chassis Kits & antennas
- Circuit Specialists, Inc. - Digital storage oscilloscopes, test equipment, kits and electronic parts
- Crystal Radio Supply
- Dan’s Small Parts and Kits
- Digikey - An excellent source for parts
- Down East Microwave
- The DZ Company
- Electronics USA
- Electronix Express - kits, parts, and test equipment
- FAR Circuits
- Four State QRP Group - several nice amateur radio related kits
- Fox Delta
- Fry's Electronics - Amazing retail stores with kits, parts, tools, test equipment, ...
- Hendricks QRP Kits
- HF Projects
- Idiom Press
- K1EL Ham Radio Kits
- Kits and Parts Dot Com
- Milestone Technologies
- Mouser Electronics - An excellent source for parts
- N0XAS HamGadgets
- North Country Radio
- PAiA - Very cool electronic music kits
- Ramsey Electronics
- Santa Cruz Electronics - You will love this store the minute you walk in - electronic components, electronic kits, Raspberry PI, tools, wire, cable, 3D printing, CNC machine / parts, AWESOME!
- Small Wonder Labs
- Spectrum Communications
- Surplus Material Components - Many interesting electronics parts for projects
- TAPR Kits
- Xtal Set
- RepeaterBook - Amateur radio repeater information for radio operators around the world.
- All About Circuits
- AntenTOP - Antentop is free e-magazine devoted to Antennas and Amateur Radio
- Jim's Antique Radio Museum
- http://www.wolframalpha.com/ - Computational knowledge engine
- SCADACORE - Line-of-Sight - Radio Path Study
- Prime Time Shortwave - Free on-line guide to English shortwave broadcasting
Remote Control Amateur Radio
- RemoteHams.com - Remote control of HF radios.
- Codecademy - A place for hands-on practice. This site awards badges as you complete skills. This site is free, but registration is required.
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (WAVE) - Web design for accessibility matters.
- Getting to Know HTML - Excellent resource for HTML.
- W3Schools - Great place to write snippets of HTML code see the results immediately.
- W3 HTML validator
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) - An international community working together to develop Web standards.
- GoBobby.net - Web hosting, domains, and more.
- HP Instant Ink - Enjoy 1 FREE month of HP Instant Ink