Joey, W5TFW, sent me an email asking is there is a timer on the AZ-61 and how to disable it. The functions on the AZ-61 are a challenge to operate without instructions. Thank you Joey for your questions. Hope the information below helps you master the automatic power-off function on your AZ-61.
Automatic Power-Off Overview
- The automatic power-off function, when enabled, will automatically switch off a preset amount of time after the last transmission.
- One minute before the switch-off, an alarm is given.
- The automatic power-off delay is adjustable: 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 50 minutes, 60 minutes, or 120 minutes.
- The initialized power-off delay is set to 60 minutes.
- After the automatic power-off function has switched off the radio, the radio can be turned back on by turning the power off, waiting 5 seconds, and then turning the radio back on.
Activate Automatic Power-Off Function
- Press FUN + APOF to activate the automatic power-off function.
- APO will be displayed if automatic power-off is activated.
Disabling Automatic Power-Off Function
- Press FUN + APOF to disable the automatic power-off function.
- APO will not be displayed if automatic power-off is disabled.
|Azden AZ-61 HT|
Good DX and 73, NJ2X
Other related articles on NJ2X.COM:
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #1 - How to program the radio
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #2 - disabling "the beep"
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #3 - 1993 review article
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #4 - rebuilding the battery pack
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #5 - how to reset the radio
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #6 - Automatic Power-Off
© Michael W. Maher and NJ2X.COM, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Michael W. Maher and NJ2X.COM with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Written by: NJ2X, Michael Maher