A) Brief transmissions to make station adjustments.
Section 97.111(b) provides for one-way communications. In summary, auxiliary, beacon, space and stations in distress are specifically authorized to make certain one-way transmissions. Additionally, an amateur station may transmit the following types of one-way communications:
- Brief transmissions necessary to make adjustments to the station;
- Brief transmissions necessary for establishing two-way communications with other stations;
- Transmissions necessary to providing emergency communications;
- Transmissions necessary to assisting persons learning, or improving proficiency in, the international Morse code;
- Transmissions necessary to disseminate an information bulletin; and
The NJ2X Kindle Edition is now available.
Written by: NJ2X, Michael Maher