Scott, K6PYP, sent me an email asking for help with VFO on his AZ-61. The AZ-61 has two receiving modes: VFO and memory. The various functions on the vintage AZ-61 are a challenge to operate without instructions. Thank you Scott for your question. Hope the information below helps AZ-61 owners master the VFO mode on their AZ-61.
- To change from memory mode to VFO mode simply present the VFO key.
- To change the frequency to 52.520 MHz press the follow sequence of keys:
- NOTE: If you don't press the next key within 1.5 seconds after pressing the * key the displayed figure becomes 52.000
UP key and DOWN key
- You can use the UP key and DOWN key to change frequency. The frequency will increase or decrease each time you press the UP key or DOWN key.
- If the frequency difference is large present the FUN + UP or DOWN to change the frequency by 1 Mhz.
- High speed frequency changes can be made by pressing and holding the UP key or DOWN key. When the frequency nears the desired value, release the key. The feature is called TRIUP and TRIDOWN.
|Azden AZ-61 HT|
Good DX and 73, NJ2X
Other related articles on NJ2X.COM:
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #1 - How to program the radio
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #2 - disabling "the beep"
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #3 - 1993 review article
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #4 - rebuilding the battery pack
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #5 - how to reset the radio
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #6 - Automatic Power-Off
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #7 - VFO Mode
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #8 - Frequency Step
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #9 - Scanning
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #10 - Dual Watch
Azden AZ-61 6m FM HT - Tip #12 - Optional Accessories
© Michael W. Maher and NJ2X.COM, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Michael W. Maher and NJ2X.COM with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.