Number of US Amateur Radio License Holders Highest Level Ever
According to the ARRL, over the last 40 years, the number of Amateur Radio operators in the US has grown at a remarkable rate:
- December 1971: 285,000
- December 1981: 433,000
- December 1991: 494,000
- December 2001: 683,000
- September 2011: 700,221
- Do not pass laws that will reduce or sell off the spectrum that is for amateur radio use.
- Do increase spectrum available for amateur radio use.
- Protect amateur radio spectrum from interference through FCC enforcement.
- Acknowledge the value of amateur radio in science education and emergency communications.
- Support laws that protect amateur radio operator's ability to erect and use outdoor antennas.