From a design standpoint we decided to construct an Anderson Powerpole to 2.1mm connector pigtail. This was a natural choice since we previously converted our radios and cabling to Anderson Powerpoles. A 2.1mm connector to Anderson Powerpoles will give us maximum flexibility to move the radio from one power source to the next (e.g. battery, car power, shack power supply, bench power supply, ....). The commercially available Anderson PowerPole to 2.1mm cable costs at the time of this writing about $5.00 plus shipping.
We decided it would be more ecconomical and far more fun to build the pigtail cable ourselves. A home-brew cable would also give us an opportunity to incorporate a few improvements in design over the commercially available cable.
|Pigtail construction in progress with ferrite bead|
|Finished 2.11mm to Anderson Powerpole Pigtail with ferrite bead for RF supression|
By Michael W. Maher (NJ2X)
- What is the schematic symbol for a ferrite bead?
- KN-Q7A Single Band SSB Transceiver Kit - New Arrival
- KN-Q7A Single Band SSB Transceiver Kit - Opening The Package
- KN-Q7A Single Band SSB Transceiver Kit - Step 1: Power Supply Circuit
- Project: Anderson Powerpole to 2.1mm Connector Pigtail
- KN-Q7A Single Band SSB Transceiver Kit - Step 2: Audio Amplifier
- Soldering 101